Still relatively new to the world of endurance sports, Todd has excelled in his short time of competing. Todd is a multi-faceted athlete who excels at a variety of events including marathons, triathlons, and obstacle course races. Prior to endurance competition, Todd was a DII collegiate baseball player.
Education and Experience
Currently pursuing his PhD in Exercise Physiology at Michigan State University, Todd balances teaching and taking classes, performing research, and serving as the Exercise Physiology Lab Coordinator. Todd’s degree and work in the exercise physiology field gives him extra insight into what it takes to be a successful athlete. Using this knowledge, Todd is able to take the science and make it easy for anyone to understand. He has also presented multiple webinars for USA Triathlon.
Just a Normal Guy
Todd is very family-oriented, often seen with one or both parents and his brother at each of his races. Todd practices the importance of maintaining strong connections with those closest to him and frequently offers advice to those around him, even his competitors! Because of his friendly demeanor and knowledge in exercise physiology, Todd can be a great ambassador for any brand combining both science and elite athletic experience.
- 2:28:36 marathon PR
- 1:54:52 Olympic distance triathlon PR
- 2016 USAT Olympic-Distance Age Group National Championship: 1st place overall (fastest run split in the nation)
- 2015 USAT Olympic-Distance Age Group National Championship: 8th overall (fastest run split in the nation)
- 2014 and 2015 Warrior Dash World Championship: 11th overall
- 4x defending champion at the Grand Rapids Warrior Dash
- 2x defending champion at the Rhoades McKee Reeds Lake Triathlon
Social Media Presence
Todd gives the reader a glimpse into the mind of an athlete with his (sometimes too) detailed blog posts. Including pre-race strategies and post-race traditions (cinnamon rolls!) and thoughts that go through his mind during a race. Todd keeps the reader engaged and amused throughout.